The term Grand Millennial has been used abundantly over the last twelve months; the idea of embracing the chintz and vintage appeal of our grandparents’ homes and mixing it with the benefit of twenty-first century engineering and more contemporary pieces.
This key trend will live through 2021 too, helping us to create cosy homes that scream comfort and joy but with unexpected chic twists and nods to granny’s style. Doily loo roll holders will be left behind though, never fear. The key is to reference the look using strong colours and contrast, by using your favourite pieces and a less-is-more approach for a vibrant, cohesive aesthetic.
We will see…
- Traditional florals mixed with bold colour and patterns
- It’s all about pattern on pattern and layering on layering: you can never go overboard
- Revitalise the Sloane Ranger look within the home – think skirted slipper chairs, tasselled and pelmet curtains
- Don’t be afraid to mix frothy florals with more classical antique offerings
- Introduce history and soul to your scheme with antiques, both bought and inherited
- Expect to see a resurgence in specialist window treatments. Think relaxed roman pleated London blinds, shaped pelmets and trimmed swagging curtains.
Download the full report here